SBIT (Seasonal Businesses in Travel) is a unique and diverse group of over 200 outbound British travel and service companies operating throughout the summer and winter holiday seasons. Most are SMEs and all are British businesses.
Our aim is to ensure that the (future) relationship between the EU nations and the UK fosters and aims to grow the contribution British outbound travel companies make to the economies of both the UK and the EU nations by protecting the ability of British workers to temporarily work across the EU nations supporting the seasonal travel industry.
- By ensuring that all those involved in negotiations in the UK and the EU are fully aware of the significant benefits, both cultural and economic, of UK citizens being able to temporarily work in EU nations supporting the seasonal travel industry.
- By lobbying to ensure that the mechanisms necessary for UK citizens to work seasonally across EU nations are as frictionless and straightforward as possible thereby protecting the jobs and economic contributions of the thousands of UK citizens employed in this sector of the UK travel industry.
- By ensuring members are kept up to date with the fast evolving and changing regulatory requirements affecting their businesses as the UK’s new relationship with the EU is negotiated.
- Facilitate industry-wide practical action and support for British businesses in their efforts to understand the emerging regulatory frameworks in European countries and so remain compliant in all areas.
We have over 200 corporate members comprising of companies operating across the summer and winter holiday seasons. They include:
Ski Total, Mark Warner, European Pubs, Neilson, Kaluma Travel, Ski Weekends, Skiworld, The Alpine Generation, Alpoholics, Stanford Skiing, MTB Beds, Orchards Cookery, Summit Special, Skiology, BeVenturesome, Ski Dazzle, Family Friendly Skiing, Black Diamond Lodge, Ski Snowcoach, Fish & Pips, Matterhorn Diamonds, Elevation Alps, The Ski Company, Première Neige Ski Holidays, Consensio Chalets, Getaway Vans, More Mountain, Ramblers Walking Holidays and Adagio Holidays, “The Farmhouse” – Mas de la Coutettaz, Live The Season, Skibound, Ski Blanc, Keller Travel, Ski & Summer Morzine, Alpine Action, White Horizon Chalets, Le Ski, Alpine365, Ski Cuisine, Alpine Leisure Property Club, Meribel Management, Spoony Cooks, Ski Hame, Go Montgenevre
Our Leadership Team
- Managing Director: Charles Owen
- Director and official spokesperson : Diane Palumbo
Company Number 11545450, Registered Address 21 Lewin Road, Streatham, London, SW16 6JZ